It’s always nice to give a personal touch to a Mothers Day gift, and what better way than to make this delicious honeycomb – aka ‘Hokey Pokey’ by Nigella Lawson. Wrap up chunks of the golden honeycomb in baking paper and tie with string for a rustic look, or place some tissue paper into a pretty box to give it a decadent feel.
100g white caster sugar
4 tblspns golden syrup
1 and half teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
100g milk cooking chocolate (optional)
1. Add the sugar and syrup to saucepan. Stir together, and then once incorporated, turn on the hob to a medium heat and leave to melt.
2. Once melted, turn up the heat slightly, enabling the mixture to bubble – leave for approx 2 minutes
3. Remove the pan from the heat, add the bicarbonate of soda, and with a whisk, mic everything together so that it bubbles – don’t whisk for too long as the air will go.
4. Add some baking paper to a shall baking tray and then pour the mixture onto it.
5. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour then remove and smash into pieces.
6. Once you’ve smashed the pieces, you can either eat as is, or if you’d like to coat in chocolate, simply melt some milk cooking chocolate into a bowl over a saucepan of hot water and then dip in each piece of honeycomb until covered. Return to the fridge for the chocolate to set.